Improve Efficiency, Accuracy and Data Quality with TerraGo Edge 3.9.5
TerraGo Edge version 3.9.5 provides new tools to improve field data collection and further enhance mobile GPS survey features to accelerate asset inspections, land surveys or any mapping project. The latest release includes a new powerful measurement tool to improve the efficiency of field data collection and site surveys, smart form enhancements to improve data quality assurance and expands online and offline basemaps for mobile workers in any location.
A complete list of new features in 3.9.5 include:
This powerful new tool allows users to measure and save distances, perimeters and areas for all types of map features, including:
1. the distance of a single line segment,
2. each segment of a multi-line segment,
3. the total distance of a multi-line segment,
4. the perimeter of a polygon, and
5. the area of a polygon.
The measurement tool is fully configurable per user and per device. You can select:
1. to turn measurement display on and off,
2. which specific measurements to display,
3. the unit of measure for display, and
4. the measurement type - static or dynamic.
And it doesn’t end there; these measurements are permanently stored with each Edge Note. So, they are available for all users to view and export. The measurement tool is available on all Edge platforms including Web, iOS and Android.
Required Form Field Management
This new required field setting allows you select the treatment and user options for required fields. The setting is configurable per form and provides three enforcement options including:
1. No Warning or Restriction: Display a blue asterisk/required tag on each required field, but no action required by the user if the fields are not completed correctly;
2. Warning and Allowed to Save: Display a blue asterisk/required tag on each required field, plus an alert message pop-up when tapping “done” that warns the user and lists of all the required fields that are not completed, but permits the user to “go-back” to finish or “continue” to save;
3. Restriction and Not Allowed to Save: Display a blue asterisk/required tag on each required field, plus an alert message pop-up when tapping “done” that warns the user and lists of all the required fields that are not completed, but forces them to “go-back” to finish and will not allow them to save the Form until they have completed all of the required fields.
Also, whenever a user “goes back” to a form to complete the required fields, Edge will “zoom” them to the first required field that is incomplete.
GeoPackage Raster Data Support
The existing GeoPackage import capability in Edge Web, which currently imports the vector features as Edge Notes, has been expanded to also include the import of the raster layers from the GeoPackage. Importing creates an offline basemap in Edge, which in turn can be shared with any mobile Edge user to support offline data collection in the field.
Updated Online and Offline Maps
The default, free online basemap sources in Edge now include OpenStreetMap Standard, Cycle, Transport and Humanitarian; Stamen Terrain, Toner and Watercolor; CartoDB Positron and Dark Matter; and USGS Topo, ImageryOnly, ImageryTopo, Hydro-NHD and Hill Shade. Offline maps can be created from the Stamen, CartoDB and USGS map sources.
Minor enhancements, bug fixes and performance improvements.
Watch this on-demand demo video to see all the latest features in action. View Demo