The TerraGo Technologies (“TerraGo”) Maintenance and Support Policy (“the Policy”) covers the maintenance and support services provided by TerraGo, and applies to all commercially available software applications for which maintenance and support have been purchased. The specific details of the Policy and respective obligations of both TerraGo and the Licensee are outlined below.
For all TerraGo products other than the TerraGo Toolbar, the Policy is in effect for one year from the invoice date for the purchase of TerraGo product (the initial term of Software Maintenance and Support), and will continue for any additional time periods purchased and stated on the invoice (the renewal term of Software Maintenance and Support). For the TerraGo Toolbar, the Policy is in effect beginning on the purchase date of the TerraGo Toolbar Enterprise Support, Maintenance, and Distribution Program.
Under the terms of the Policy, the Licensee is entitled to support for all licensed products in the event of an interruption in the normal operation of the Software (a “Case”). Any of Licensee’s users have access to TerraGo’s web-based resources, including full Product Documentation as well as online Knowledgebase and Tutorials. In addition, the Licensee may designate two (2) named contacts who will have unlimited access to TerraGo Support via email at any time, and to direct phone support Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM, Eastern Time, excluding posted TerraGo holidays.
TerraGo Support can be reached as follows:
- Via Telephone: 678- 391-9666
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request Support Case
SUBMITTING A CASE TO TERRAGO SUPPORT
When reporting a Case to TerraGo, the Licensee must reasonably explain their issue in sufficient detail to enable TerraGo to fully understand, reproduce, and diagnose the problem or difficulty. Licensee should be prepared to provide the following information when submitting a case:
Name and contact information
Version number (Specific as possible, Ex. 6.0.1x30)
Description of problem
Any media containing data
A Case is defined as a single support issue that cannot be broken down into subordinate problems, and should be properly defined to allow reproduction of the issue and ensure optimal response time.
The Licensee may submit a case in the following methods:
- Website: Submit a support request form at http://www.terragotech.com/support/technical-support-request. A case record is automatically created and an email confirmation is sent to the requestor and the assigned support analyst.
- Email: Send a support request email to email@example.com with as much detail as possible on the issue, product ownership and contact details. A case record is automatically created and an email confirmation is sent to the requestor and the assigned support analyst.
- Phone: Call 678-391-9666 to request support. If a support analyst is not available to answer the phone, please leave a message with a brief description of the technical issue. An analyst will promptly return your call within normal business hours.
When a Case is reported and TerraGo has identified a solution that requires a change to the Software, such change may be applied to the then-current or next generally available release of the Software or via a patch to the Software as deemed appropriate under the circumstance. In either case, Licensee may be required to update its Software per TerraGo instructions in order to take advantage of the resolution.
From time to time, in the course of diagnosing and/or resolving a Case, TerraGo may request remote access to Licensee’s Software. In such instance, Licensee agrees to reasonably allow access to the Software, within Licensee’s internal security policies.
On receipt of a Case report, TerraGo will evaluate the severity of the problem, assign a priority and undertake a resolution plan as follows:
- PRIORITY 1 - CRITICAL PRIORITY - A Critical Priority Error renders the Software inoperable or causes the Software to substantially fail. Examples of Critical Priority Errors may include a hard crash, file corruption, data loss or a program hang that requires a system reboot. TerraGo Technologies will use commercially reasonable efforts to: (a) have a support analyst initially respond to an unresolved error within two (2) business hours of the time the Case is logged, (b) provide Customer with daily reports on the status of the corrections, (c) provide Customer with a Workaround or Fix within (10) business days, and/or (d) include a fix for the error in the next major release of the Software.
- PRIORITY 2 - HIGH PRIORITY - A High Priority Error substantially degrades the performance and/or causes serious limitations in the use of the Software. Examples of High Priority Errors may include a lack of functionality such as logging or reporting. TerraGo Technologies will use commercially reasonable efforts to: (a) have a support analyst initially respond to an unresolved Error within four (4) business hours of the time the Case is logged, (b) provide Customer with frequent reports on the status of the corrections, (c) provide Customer with a Workaround or Fix within (30) business days, and (d) include the fix for the error in the next major release of the Software.
- PRIORITY 3 - MEDIUM PRIORITY - A Medium Priority Error has minor impact on overall Software use. Examples of Medium Priority Errors may include: data content formatting, issues that are cosmetic in nature, or enhancement requests. TerraGo Technologies will use commercially reasonable efforts to: (a) have a support analyst initially respond to an unresolved Error within eight (8) business hours of the time the Case is logged, and (b) include a fix for the requested change in a future release of the Software, as it deems commercially required to improve the Software.
Although the response times listed above are not guaranteed, TerraGo will make every effort to respond in the targeted timeframes referenced above during normal business hours. In the event that a Priority 1 or Priority 2 Case is not addressed by TerraGo within the designated timeframe, it will be promptly escalated to TerraGo’s Vice President of Products and Services or designee. Upon escalation, Licensee will be made aware of the status and proposed remedies on a daily basis.
TerraGo and Licensee shall use best efforts to work jointly for most effective evaluation and resolution of reported Cases, with specific responsibilities as follows:
- Use reasonable commercial efforts to resolve all Cases that Licensee submits.
- Document each Case and its resolution.
- Assign appropriate Priority Rating to the Case, in accordance with the descriptions listed above in the Case Priorities section.
- Track the status of open Cases and escalate to TerraGo management as necessary.
- For each reported Case, Licensee’s support contact(s) will be regularly updated on the status and progress of remedy of each Case.
- Promptly record and submit all Cases via the web, email or phone.
- Perform problem determination, documentation, and diagnostic activities required by TerraGo promptly and completely.
- Perform problem resolution activities as suggested by TerraGo.
- Follow suggested best practices such as, checking the TerraGo website for the latest product releases, release notes, product documentation and installation guides.
The Policy entitles the Licensee to regular maintenance for TerraGo software applications, which includes no-cost updates for licensed TerraGo software product as they become generally available, including fixes, new feature enhancements, and software improvements. At TerraGo’s discretion, major new product features and derivative products may or may not be included in the free updates under the standard Policy.
Licensee may elect to obtain, renew, or discontinue the Policy from Licensor, at any time after the initial twelve (12) month period. If Licensee has allowed the Policy to lapse, Licensee is ineligible to receive support, maintenance and access to new release downloads. Licensee may reinstate the Policy by submitting an Order for the current renewal term and paying a reinstatement penalty equivalent to 20% of the current retail license cost.